Joining the armed forces is one of the most difficult and enriching dreams of the youth of this country. As the NDA exam is considered one of the toughest exams in the country, candidates need to have a strong preparation to prove their worth and get a good rank. It is always a matter of pride to become an NDA officer, and the meaningful journey of serving people is wholesome. However, many candidates aren’t aware of the salary structure after clearing the NDA exam. Read through this article to get a fair idea about NDA officers’ allowances, perks, benefits, and in-hand salary structure.
Job profile of NDA officer
Becoming an officer in the Indian Defence Services is a dream come true if you want to be on a career path that has the potential to make you accountable for the safety of people at large. If you are interested in becoming an active member of the NDA, you need to understand how much money is made by government officials who work as Grade-A officers. If you are planning to enter the 2022 NDA exam, you must be aware of the various opportunities and benefits that come with this job. Visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to gather further updates.
Salary of NDA officers
Over time, the government has worked to provide various types of incentives for Army officers involved in this career field. The newer version of these benefits includes pay raises during an officer’s term at a military academy and a yearly stipend that can help new recruits get started on their careers while they are still completing their education. Army officers and other equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy are all entitled to receive a stipend during their training. Service academies give them this stipend and benefits that come with the pay scale, starting with the training period itself. Gentlemen cadets at service academies can receive Rs. 56,100/- per month.
After the training course of three years, the candidates have to undergo training in institutions like the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy, where they will receive a stipend of Rs. 21,000 per month for a year.
- With the in-hand salary, the NDA officers also enjoy several allowances like flying allowance, where the pilots are entitled to Rs. 25,000 per month. From Lieutenant to Brigadier, the officers enjoy a Military Service Pay of Rs. 15,500 per month.
- The NDA officers are entitled to a uniform allowance of Rs. 20,000 per year, among other perks and benefits.
- The officers also receive Rs. 16,900 for highly active field area.
- A modified field area allowance of Rs. 6,300 is also conferred to the NDA officers.
- The transport allowance is calculated as Rs. 7,200 + dearness allowance for metropolitan cities and Rs. 3,600+ dearness allowance for small-town areas.
- A para allowance of Rs. 10,500/- per month is also conferred to the NDA officers.
- The officers are also entitled to a special forces allowance of Rs. 25,000 per month.
- The children education allowance is admissible from Nursery to class 12th and may be availed as per the guidelines with a maximum of Rs. 2,250/- per child for two children only.
NDA grade pay
The under-mentioned table will give you the necessary information about the NDA job profiles and their respective grade pay:
|NDA Rank||NDA Grade Pay in Rs.|
The NDA salaries are based on the 10th level of the pay scale for government employees, as decided in the 7th Pay Commission. The salaries could potentially be revised as per the decision of future governments, but, this is an unavoidable process that comes with almost any position in a government or public institution. After taking the army aptitude test, one will have to go through a training program for soldiers before being given an official position and rank within the military unit.
This article took you through the job profile and salary structure of an NDA officer. To strengthen your preparation strategy for the NDA exam and other competitive exams, make sure you check the free material available on BYJU’S Exam Prep.
Originally posted 2022-04-20 04:57:24.