The sauce is a very significant component of a pizza. There are all kinds of pizza sauces available commercially that are already prepared and ready to use. However, there are always such people who prefer healthy homemade food and organic ingredients. Pizza sauce can definitely be made at home and if done correctly, it could be just as delicious as a fancy store-bought pizza sauce.
When you prepare pizza sauce at home, you likely want it to be an easy recipe, efficient and not very time consuming. This can be achieved with a quite simple trick that eliminates the need to wait for several hours for the sauce to simmer. This recipe uses tomato sauce to obtain the thickness factor instead of waiting a long while for the simmering. This shortens the time span needed to make the sauce and simplifies the process.
Following are the ingredients used in this sauce recipe.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Simple and organic olive oil can also be used however the extra virgin olive oil has the strongest flavour so it will be great for the sauce.
- Tomato Paste
The tomato paste will serve a double purpose. It not only adds a rich tomato taste but also thickens the sauce up really well.
- Oregano (Dried)
This is a significant seasoning in pizza sauce that gives the sauce its distinct and delicious flavour so make sure to include it.
This is also such a herb that truly adds to the taste and flavour of the sauce.
- Minced Garlic
Garlic is also a crucial ingredient to get the flavour of the sauce just right. In case you prefer a mild garlic flavour, you can use garlic powder instead.
- Crushed Tomatoes
Crushed tomatoes are also available ready-made in the market, most likely in cans. Otherwise, you can crush them yourself at home.
- Salt and Pepper
These are added as per taste requirements and preferences. However, make sure to not overuse since salt is present in the dough and toppings of pizza too.
- Firstly, heat up a couple of Tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan and over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Now add 2 Tbsp minced garlic into the oil and let it saute for a few seconds.
- Add 3 Tbsp of tomato paste and stir and mix it up with garlic.
- Spread the paste over the bottom of the pan and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now take the pan off of the stove and put in crushed tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano and mix it up.
- Lastly, add salt and pepper according to taste and mix well before putting it over the pizza dough.
Thus, your delicious homemade pizza sauce is all prepared and ready to be enjoyed and savoured in a pizza. Visit https://bellapizzahh.com/
Originally posted 2021-11-30 19:21:31.